Wednesday, March 18, 2009

How to sew a blanket stitch

In order to make felt food, there are a couple of stitches that you will probably want to practice (at least a wee bit) before you dive in.  The first is the blanket stitch.  At first I didn't like the looks of it at all because there is so much thread showing, but I crossed over to the dark side once I realized how much better it holds the felt together.  Here is a good (not mine) youtube video on it.  Watch it a few times.  I'll admit it's a little frustrating because they aren't actually attaching things together, but you'll get the idea.





This won't mean anything to you now, but basically all you are doing is sewing across and making sure that you catch the thread as you go across. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment